Submitted by: Dark Knight (from Southern California, CA, USA)
Location: St. Mark's Campanile [map]
Status since photo:
St. Mark's Campanile is the bell tower of St. Mark's Basilica in Venice's Piazza San Marco. Originally built in the 9th century, its current form was made in 1514 and was reconstructed in 1912 after its collapse in 1902 – the current structure's reconstruction was completed and opened exactly 1000 years after the first stone of its foundation was allegedly laid.
© Copyright 2009-2013 by Anaheim Ducks Towel Invasions, a division of Hermit Productions. Unless stated otherwise, all photographs are taken by their respective submitters and may not be used elsewhere without prior and express written permission. We are not officially affiliated with the National Hockey League or Anaheim Ducks in any way. All comments are the opinions and thoughts of their respective authors, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the blog author. All rights reserved.